Re: SQL command to dump the contents of table failed: PQendcopy()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL command to dump the contents of table failed: PQendcopy()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ruben <ruben20@superguai.com> writes:
> I cannot find any core dump in the PGDATA directory /usr/local/pgsql (I
> don't know how to debug it to get a stack trace, I'll find out).

It would normally be in the per-database subdirectory
($PGDATA/base/NNN/) for the database where the problem occurs.  However,
if you don't see a core file there either, that probably means the
postmaster was started under "ulimit -c 0" to prevent core dumps.  Add
"ulimit -c unlimited" to the postmaster start script and restart it.

(For the sake of the archives, I'll mention that as of PG 8.1 core dumps
will appear directly in $PGDATA, not in its subdirectories.)