Re: perltidy tweaks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: perltidy tweaks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I prpose two tweaks for the perltidy configuration:
> - The new perltidy version can avoid writing backup files, so we don't
> need to explicitly delete them after.

+1

> - Use option --nooutdent-long-quotes.  This is similar to a change we
> made for pgindent in the C code a while ago.  See patch for the results.

No strong opinion as to whether to do that or not, but if we do, I wonder
if we shouldn't also select --nooutdent-long-comments.  I noticed a few
places where it was doing that (ie moving comments left if they went past
the right margin) and didn't particularly like it.

What would be more per project style is to reflow overly-wide comments
into multiple lines, but I don't see an option for that :-(