Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:

> The problem I ran into was that by the time I had them all wrapped up major
> new commits to the CVS tree made it uninteresting to benchmark the snapshot I
> had.

That's going to be a problem with any snapshot approach. For the most
part, interesting patches are going to hit a number of common hotspots ISTM.

I'm fairly resistant to putting less-than-ready code in the tree, I must
say.

+1 to the idea of patches in smaller pieces that has been mentioned
upthread. I tried to do that in one or two places recently, but it could
go much further.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4