Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm fairly resistant to putting less-than-ready code in the tree, I must
> say.

Me too, at least if "less than ready" means "unstable".  The committed
code has to always be solid enough to let everybody continue working on
their own bits.  However, in the past we've tended to refuse stuff if
it "didn't do anything interesting", and I think that attitude will need
adjustment.  We'll have to be prepared to accept patches that are only
interesting as waystations to some long-term goal.