Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Re-allow UTF8 encodings on win32.

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Re-allow UTF8 encodings on win32.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> From: "Dave Page" <dpage@postgresql.org>

>>> The changes that were made were only to re-enable UTF-8.
>> Yes, Please see,
>> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg83/pg83b1-err2.txt
>> Is that initdb is successful a problem as for this?
>
> Oh, sorry - misread that. I chatted with Magnus about that. It is
> correct, but misleading. pg_control will say Japanese_Japan.932 as well
> iirc, even though it is really Japanese_Japan.65001.

Not so. The locale is Japanese_Japan, really. That's the only part
that's relevant for UTF16 encodings, which is what we use to do UTF8. We
specifically *don't* try to use Japanese_Japan.65001.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Re-allow UTF8 encodings on win32.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Re-allow UTF8 encodings on win32.