Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 17:55 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>> Simon Riggs wrote:
>>
>>> That close to
>>> release, only Core members should be doing that and Jan is Core.
>>>

>> My understanding (not being a member :-) ) is that Core is an
>> administrative group, not a group of committers. Some members of Core
>> are committers, some not, some committers are in Core, some not.
>>

> By observation, all committers are not equal. If they are equal then we
> must censure others also, as well as Jan, but I see no need personally.
> If they are not equal, then Jan deserves extra leeway, IMHO. Either way,
> we should not focus just upon Jan, especially when so many will thank
> him for his actions.

I think this project has got too big for us to make things up as we go
along. We need to follow processes that are well understood and
transparent.

I have tried not to concentrate on Jan in this discussion. It could be
argued, however, that contrary to being the recipients of extra slack,
core members have a special responsibility to set a good example.

cheers

andrew