Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 18:35 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I think this project has got too big for us to make things up as we go
> along. We need to follow processes that are well understood and
> transparent.

Well said, I very much agree.

Mostly we do, but since we've just spent more than 6 months between
Feature Freeze and Beta. There were no well understood or transparent
processes during that period, so nobody is on solid ground trying to
enforce a small number of rules with a single individual. Especially
when discussing what might be argued was a major item in 8.3

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com