Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:

> I'm kinda hijacking the thread here, because this question is unrelated
> to pgbouncer's behavior, but: have you ever done any performance
> measurement to prove that preparing BEGIN/COMMIT/ROLLBACK is a good idea?

No benchmarks. There would be essentially no difference in the driver
code either way (literally, you'd have to add code to avoid preparing
the statement) so unless named statements are much more expensive than
unnamed ones it's probably not worth worrying about. We do avoid
processing an extra network message each way (Parse/ParseComplete) with
the current code.

-O

Сообщение: Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer
Сообщение: Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer