Re: Feature request in pgadmin (tested on Beta 5)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Feature request in pgadmin (tested on Beta 5)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Maciek Sakrejda wrote:
> I wouldn't mind taking a stab at this (and perhaps eventually other
> things).

Cool.

> Could I ask what others use in terms of development
> environment? I tried Anjuta and Eclipse + CDT in Ubuntu, but they both
> had issues properly navigating the code through "Go to
> {definition,declaration}" (which I use constantly). I tried VS2k5 on
> Windows, and that seems to work nicely, but I'm confused by the setup
> instructions for pgAdmin with respect to building wxWidgets:

VS2k5 is by far the best option.

> Windows 2000, XP and 2003
>
> A suitable setup.h file. Copy this to the appropriate include/wx/ and
> include/wx/msw directories in your wxWidgets source tree, and open the
> wxWidgets project in Visual Studio....
>

> What suitable setup.h file is this talking about? Also, is it necessary
> to build wxWidgets to build pgAdmin?

We tend to build wxWidgets ourselves because it ensures we get exactly
the options we need. There is an easier way to do it though (I need to
update that webpage):

- Get a checkout of the pgAdmin code from SVN (a snapshot won't work as
I just tweaked a file you'll need)

- Unzip the wxWidgets source code somewhere, and setup an environment
variable (%WXWIN%) to point to it.

- Open a Visual Studio command prompt (if you're using Express, it's
part of the Platform SDK), and change directory to xtra/wx-build in the
pgAdmin source tree.

- Run the build-wxmsw.bat file.

Setting up the rest of the dependencies is just a case of downloading
everything into a directory and setting up the environment variables per
the webpage.

> I hope I'm not asking for too much
> hand-holding, but it'd be nice to get started without running into the
> same problems that others have solved before.

Feel free - if I spend 10 minutes helping you and you end up
contributing even just one new feature it'll be worth it.

Cheers, Dave.