Wait, not solved... Was (Return t/f on existence of a join)

От Madison Kelly
Тема Wait, not solved... Was (Return t/f on existence of a join)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Madison Kelly wrote:
> Thanks to both of you, Erik and Jon!
>
>   I had to tweak your two replies to get what I wanted (all 'foo' rows
> returned, was only getting ones with a match in 'baz'). You two sent me
> on the right path though and I was able to work out the rest using the
> PgSQL docs on 'CASE' and 'JOIN'.
>
>   Here is the working query (where 'bar_id'=2):
>
> SELECT
>     CASE z.baz_bar_id
>     WHEN 2
>         THEN TRUE
>         ELSE FALSE
>     END AS tf_col,
>     f.foo_id
> FROM foo f
>     LEFT OUTER JOIN baz z
>     ON (f.foo_id=z.baz_foo_id)
>     LEFT OUTER JOIN bar b
>     ON (b.bar_id=z.baz_bar_id)
> AND
>     b.bar_id=2;
>
>   Thanks kindly to both! I honestly didn't expect to work this out
> before then end of the day. Cool!
>
> Madi

Doh!

   It's returning a row from 'foo' for every entry in baz that has an
entry pointing to foo (possibly same problem with each pointer to an
entry in bar, not sure yet). The 'true/false' part is working though...

Back to reading. *sigh* :)

Madi