Solved! Was (Return t/f on existence of a join)

От Madison Kelly
Тема Solved! Was (Return t/f on existence of a join)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to both of you, Erik and Jon!

   I had to tweak your two replies to get what I wanted (all 'foo' rows
returned, was only getting ones with a match in 'baz'). You two sent me
on the right path though and I was able to work out the rest using the
PgSQL docs on 'CASE' and 'JOIN'.

   Here is the working query (where 'bar_id'=2):

SELECT
    CASE z.baz_bar_id
    WHEN 2
        THEN TRUE
        ELSE FALSE
    END AS tf_col,
    f.foo_id
FROM foo f
    LEFT OUTER JOIN baz z
    ON (f.foo_id=z.baz_foo_id)
    LEFT OUTER JOIN bar b
    ON (b.bar_id=z.baz_bar_id)
AND
    b.bar_id=2;

   Thanks kindly to both! I honestly didn't expect to work this out
before then end of the day. Cool!

Madi