a problem with pg_hba.conf

От Patricia Rodriguez Tome
Тема a problem with pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello
I have installed without problem 8.2.4, but I must have missed something
in my pg_hba.conf file.
I want all users, from anywhere even the local host, to connect using a
password.
So I did:
# my pg_hba file
local   all         all                               md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5
# my machine different of db server
host    all         all         156.148.120.63/32      md5
# internet
host    all         all        0.0.0.0/0             reject

Now if I do:
psql -U myself -h dbmachine mydb
---> no password required

psql -U myself -h dbmachine.crs4.it mydb
---> password required

Why ? I want the password required even if I am not giving the full name
of the machine. What am I doing wrong ?
I have been googling around, but could not find an answer.
Thanks for any pointers
P.

Сообщение: Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?
Сообщение: Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?