Question about upgrading multiple clusters in v9.0.2

От
Тема Question about upgrading multiple clusters in v9.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Greetings!

We are running multiple clusters for development and test purposes.  I was experimenting, as a PostgreSQL newbie, with upgrading from v9.0.1 to v9.0.2.

I noticed that the installation of v9.0.2 did upgrade the default (original) cluster as part of the process.

When I start the second cluster and log into it with psql, it tells me that the database is still v9.0.1 in parentheses.   The Postgres documentation for pg_upgrade says that it is not required for minor version upgrades.   http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/pgupgrade.html

Do I just need to restart the additional clusters?

J. Patrick Keenan
Senior Database Administrator
TGen, The Translational Genomics Research Institute
445 N. Fifth Street., Suite 600
Phoenix, AZ 85004
602-343- 8495 office
pkeenan@tgen.org