Re: PL/TCL Patch to prevent postgres from becoming multithreaded

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PL/TCL Patch to prevent postgres from becoming multithreaded
Дата
Список pgsql-patches

Gregory Stark wrote:
> Do we have anyone actively maintaining pltcl these days? I'm intentionally
> quite unfamiliar with Tcl or I would be happy to verify it's reasonable. But
> the explanation seems pretty convincing. If we don't have anyone maintaining
> it then we're pretty much at the mercy of applying whatever patches come in
> from people who are more familiar with it than us. In my experience that's how
> new maintainers for modules of free software are often found anyways.

I was hoping that Jan or somebody else with some Tcl-fu would comment. I
agree it probably shouldn't be deferred.

It does bother me a bit that the Tcl engine startup just starts firing
up threads without advertisement - I wondered if we shouldn't kick back
and say it's their problem to fix.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: PL/TCL Patch to prevent postgres from becoming multithreaded
Сообщение: Re: PL/TCL Patch to prevent postgres from becoming multithreaded