Re: problems with large table

От Mike Charnoky
Тема Re: problems with large table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have never heard that stopping a vacuum is problematic... I have had
to do this many times in the past without any adverse affects.  Is there
some sort of documentation which elaborates on this issue?

For the record, I did a VACUUM ANALYZE, not FULL.  Now that I think
about it, I probably should have used VERBOSE to see what is happening.
 Nothing else was accessing the database, so no process had a lock on
the table.

Tom, regarding insufficient patience: are you suggesting that it is
normal for a vacuum of a table this size to take more than two days
under these circumstances?  maintenance_work_mem is 16384.

Joshua: I'm copying the data to a new table right now, I'll see how that
goes.

Alvaro: The cluster suggestion probably won't help in my case since data
in the table should already be naturally ordered by date.

Mike