Re: Close open transactions soon to avoid wraparound problems

От Brian Staszewski
Тема Re: Close open transactions soon to avoid wraparound problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
Brian Staszewski <brian.staszewski@farheap.com> writes:
WARNING:  oldest xmin is far in the past
HINT:  Close open transactions soon to avoid wraparound problems.
Hmm ... which PG version is this?  I think 8.2 will start to complain
about this much earlier than older versions (~ 100M transactions by
default, instead of 1000M).  Though you've probably got a problem
here in any case.

Yep, 8.2.4.
What's been done so far:
-Cluster-wide vacuum (these are done nightly, I ran one again just for gp)
Not relevant

-Ran the following query looking for old/suspicious
connections/transactions, didn't find anything useful:
select procpid, datname, client_addr, usename, current_query,
query_start from pg_stat_activity order by query_start asc;
Most likely the problem transaction is sitting idle and hence has null
query_start.  Try "ps auxww" or local equivalent and look for postgres
processes that are very old and are in "idle in transaction" state.
		regards, tom lane
"ps auxww | grep trans " did in fact reveal three processes that were 2, 3, and 4 days old that the query above didn't show. The connections were from three different application servers and restarting the pools on those servers corrected the problem.

Thanks,
Brian
Вложения