Re: pgcrypto related backend crash on solaris 10/x86_64

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: pgcrypto related backend crash on solaris 10/x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 9/9/07, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>>> I brought back clownfish(still a bit dubious about the unexplained
>>> failures which seem vmware emulation bugs but this one seems to be
>>> easily reproduceable) onto the buildfarm and enabled --with-openssl
>>> after the the recent openssl/pgcrypto related fixes but I'm still
>>> getting a backend crash during the pgcrypto regression tests:
>
>> This is crashing because of the crippled OpenSSL on some version
>> of Solaris.  Zdenek Kotala posted a workaround for that, I am
>> cleaning it but have not found the time to finalize it.
>
> But clownfish was working fine up through Aug 2, and the only change in
> pgcrypto since then could hardly have introduced this failure:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-08/msg00306.php
>
> So I think there's more to it than Marko's explanation.  Maybe clownfish
> now has a different OpenSSL version installed than before?

no clownfish was not building with openssl before because of that
"crippled openssl" issue - I was under the assumption that the above
commit was actually incorporating the complete fix from zdenek so I
added it back again only to find that it is still not working ...

Stefan