Re: pgcrypto related backend crash on solaris 10/x86_64

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgcrypto related backend crash on solaris 10/x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 9/9/07, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>> I brought back clownfish(still a bit dubious about the unexplained
>> failures which seem vmware emulation bugs but this one seems to be
>> easily reproduceable) onto the buildfarm and enabled --with-openssl
>> after the the recent openssl/pgcrypto related fixes but I'm still
>> getting a backend crash during the pgcrypto regression tests:

> This is crashing because of the crippled OpenSSL on some version
> of Solaris.  Zdenek Kotala posted a workaround for that, I am
> cleaning it but have not found the time to finalize it.

But clownfish was working fine up through Aug 2, and the only change in
pgcrypto since then could hardly have introduced this failure:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-08/msg00306.php

So I think there's more to it than Marko's explanation.  Maybe clownfish
now has a different OpenSSL version installed than before?