Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)

Markus Schiltknecht schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> apoc9009 wrote:
>> Thadt is Replication NOT Backup
>
> I've now read all of your messages in this thread, but I simply fail
> to understand why you are that much opposed to the term 'replication'.
> I think the only thing which comes any close to what you're looking
> for is replication (in particular eager multi-master replication).
What is your Problem in understanding the Word "Backup"?

Translation for you:
A Backup is a File or Set of Files thadt contains the Data of your
Business critical Informations.
It should not be Archived on the same place, the same House or the same
Room.

A Replication Database has nothing to do with a Backup, it works only
for Failover if the Primary
Database has a Mailfunction.

A good Backuptool is needed if you have Databases with sizes over 1
Terrabyte. The common
Backup methods wont Work with Online Productiondatabases and without the
Problem of Datalosses,
this is only a Way for small and Mediumsize Databases, not for Hugh
Databases.

Keep in Mind: Backup is NOT Replication!

Write it down 100 times and maybe you understand

От: Kenneth Marshall
Сообщение: Re: Hash index todo list item
От: Mark Mielke
Сообщение: Re: Hash index todo list item