Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

apoc9009 wrote:
> Thadt is Replication NOT Backup

I've now read all of your messages in this thread, but I simply fail to
understand why you are that much opposed to the term 'replication'. I
think the only thing which comes any close to what you're looking for is
replication (in particular eager multi-master replication).

I'd recommend you familiarize yourself with the world of database
replication. You already know the important chapter from our manual,
learn that by heart. Then read [2] and [3]. :-)

Regards

Markus

[1]: Postgres advocacy wiki:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Replication%2C_Clustering%2C_and_Connection_Pooling

[2]: Terms and Definitions of Database Replication
http://www.postgres-r.org/documentation/terms