Re: log_statement and PREPARE

От brian
Тема Re: log_statement and PREPARE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> brian <brian@zijn-digital.com> writes:
>
>>The only hint of a prepared statement being logged is when there's an
>>error. eg:
>

>><2007-09-05 17:35:22 EDT>ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique
>>constraint "auth_member_id_key"
>><2007-09-05 17:35:22 EDT>STATEMENT:  EXECUTE
>>mdb2_statement_pgsqla0e8d35156e904f9581ac790eb917b98 (A_HASH_HERE, 5271)
>

> That looks like an EXECUTE to me.  If you want EXECUTEs to be logged
> conditionally based on what they are executing, you need 8.2.

That was understood. What i meant is that the only time i see anything
*related to* the prepared statement i think should be there is when the
EXECUTE fails for some reason because the context of the error is
logged. That particular EXECUTE was preceeded by a PREPARE that was not
logged. It was my understanding that the PREPARE would be logged.

In any case, i'll upgrade soonest. I keep reading here about all the 8.2
goodness.

brian