Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
korry.douglas wrote:
>> Don't see the tracer, unless I'm missing what you mean.
> You're right, it's not in the edb-debugger tarball.  If you think you
> might be interested, I can resurrect it.

Hmm - it's not that the plpgsql I write has complex control-flows, but
it might prove useful to others.

>> Problem with RAISE DEBUGs throughout my plpgsql is that it's either
>> all on or all off. I'd like something more controllable.
> How about a PL/pgSQL function such as LOG_MESSAGE( message TEXT, level
> ENUM, facility ENUM )?  Just a thought...

I do, but then comment them out when not testing. Perhaps I'm optimising
prematurely though. I'll have to run some timing tests...

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd