Re: Final status of projects?

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: Final status of projects?
Дата
Список pgsql-students
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Florian,
>
>> I have completed an early prototype. Since the pencils-down dealine of
>> GSoC has already passed (It was 20th August), I'm currently working on
>> a patch to lazily assign XIDs.
>
> Hmmm.  Would that allow us to use less XIDs on read-mostly databases?  I seem
> to remember something about that on -hackers.
 >
 > Whitepages.com will be thrilled ...

Yes. Actually, the post from bruce on the 15th of august about talking to
someone at the LinuxWorld who needs to VACUUM every few days because he
runs 6k xacts/second gave me the idea factor out and improve that part of
my GSoC work. Don't know if he referred to Whitepages.com, though.

greetings, Florian Pflug

В списке pgsql-students по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Final status of projects?
Сообщение: Re: Final status of projects?