Re: pgadmin 1.8.0 beta3 bug

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin 1.8.0 beta3 bug
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi Dave!
>
> dpage@postgresql.org wrote:
> (...)
>> I've changed the behaviour somewhat so that's probably a little out of
>> date. There are undoubtedly some corner cases which would be a nightmare
>> to catch, but let's see if you pick anything up first.
>>

> I am back on my feet again and have run a few tests with the new Windows
> pgAdmin3.exe. All the issues I had brought up since beta3 seem to be
> fixed. (As you said, the mouse pointer is still a little hyperactive
> when clicking on a server node. But it's much better than before.)
>
> Concerning the issue at hand I am unsure what to look for. What Martin
> addressed in his initial posting seems fixed in any case. Other things
> might remain to be addressed.
> For instance: add a new field per dialog.
> -> field shows up in "Columns" tree and also in "New Object .." dialogs
> -> SQL pane for table still displays obsolete SQL, however

OK, I've applied a fix for that.

> To test whether it works, we need to be clear about how exactly it
> should work. Would be talking on IRC be helpful?

I try to avoid IRC generally as it's too distracting for little gain.
I'm usually on MS Messenger as dpage@postgresql.org though, or (slightly
less often) on Yahoo as pgSnake.

I think in this case though we should generally get a refresh whenever
anything in a sub node changes anything in a parent or grandparent node.
I think I've largely nailed this for tables now (which is pretty much
the only place it happens that I can think of), the only downside being
that it causes the child collection nodes to get recreated which causes
them to become collapsed. Not sure how to fix that without a fairly
large rewrite.

Regards, Dave