Re: svr1 mail timeouts ...

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: svr1 mail timeouts ...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 04:25:14PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> 'k, after getting some real information from Stephan, took a look at the
>> machine ... Postfix sets a default max # of concurrent incoming smtpd
>> connections to 100, right now, its sitting at 91 ...
>>
>> I suspect that what is/was happening was that it was hitting 100 and stalling
>> on the other connections, including the nagios  check ...
>>
>> I've just raised it to 256, and we'll see if that doesn't eliminate the
>> timeouts ...
>
> Interesting (and it hasn't bitched in a while, so it looks like the right
> direction).

yeah I installed a fair bit of monitoring on that very subject over the
weekend and it shows that we are hovering around 120 connections(less on
the weekend) on average now.

> Any idea what's using up all those connections? 91 *incoming* connections
> is very much, especially since the box doesn't exactly *receive* a lot of
> mails (it sends a whole lot, but that's a different limit).

I have not looked into the configuration at all - but are we doing
something like greylisting/connection tarpitting there ?

Stefan