Re: run postgres.exe as a Windows Administrative account

От Andreas
Тема Re: run postgres.exe as a Windows Administrative account
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
don't confuse the user who initiates the starting process of the DB
(double click on the icon) with the one the DB runs under.

As far as I know, there should be an unprivileged user e.g. "postgres".
"administrator" starts postmaster in the unprivileged context of
"postgres" when you start it manually while being logged in as
"administrator" or when the service gets automatically started at boot time.

At least this is how an PG 8.2.4 runs here.