Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: Performance Solaris vs Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Fredrik Bertilsson wrote:
> Hi,
> we are using Postgres on both Solaris servers and Linux servers, and
> Postgres are much slower on Solaris servers. We have tested with
> different versions of Solaris and Postgres, but the fact remains:
> Postgres seems to be much faster on Linux server. Does anybody else has
> the same experience?
>
> Best regards,
> Fredrik B

I had some performance problems on Solaris a while ago which let to
this interesting thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2006-04/thrd4.php#00035

executive summary:
  - write cache might be (unexpectedly) off by default on sun gear
  - set explicitly "wal_sync_method = fsync"
  - some other settings (see thread)

Bye,
Chris.