Re: adding a user with the permission to create trimmed users

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: adding a user with the permission to create trimmed users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
<389EEEE3-3B4E-4B0C-B16B-7F61E8EDE76C@gmx.de>, Peter Elmers <p.elmers@gmx.de>
wrote:
> I want to know whether there exist the possibility to create a user
> who has the permission to create users with preset limited permissions.
>
> In detail:
> I do not want that the admin user (a seperate limited one for the
> customer) is able to create full admin users or adequate ones.

Without more detail it is hard to give a specific answer, but it is possible
to grant a user the right to grant specific permissions.  See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-grant.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-revoke.html

Pay particular attention to "WITH GRANT OPTION" and "WITH ADMIN OPTION", as
well as the discussion of the public group.  (You will probably need to
revoke some of the default rights of the public group.)

If you can't get it to work as desired, please post again with  more
specifics.

-Kevin