Re: ISN patch that applies cleanly with git apply

От Jan Otto
Тема Re: ISN patch that applies cleanly with git apply
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
hi tom,

>> Peter Eisentraut asked Jan to produce a regression test for the ISN
>> contrib module, which he is apparently working on. I would like to see
>> him more clearly explaining how that will work though - so far, it's
>> really just been described in very broad strokes.
>
> Even more to the point, what about a link to the relevant changes in the
> standard?  It's impossible for anyone to tell whether these changes are
> sane in a vacuum, and a regression test will prove nothing at all except
> perhaps self-consistency.

we can only prove self-consistency, because there is no algorithm behind
the scene. the ranges gets applied to publishers depending on how much
books they publishing over time and probably other criteria.

of course, we can build regression-tests for checkdigits and convert-functions.
e.g. convert an isbn-10 to isbn-13.

regards, jan