Re: ISN patch that applies cleanly with git apply

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ISN patch that applies cleanly with git apply
Дата
Re: ISN patch that applies cleanly with git apply  (Jan Otto <asche@me.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> writes:
> Peter Eisentraut asked Jan to produce a regression test for the ISN
> contrib module, which he is apparently working on. I would like to see
> him more clearly explaining how that will work though - so far, it's
> really just been described in very broad strokes.

Even more to the point, what about a link to the relevant changes in the
standard?  It's impossible for anyone to tell whether these changes are
sane in a vacuum, and a regression test will prove nothing at all except
perhaps self-consistency.