Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> This code deliberately does not use pg_strftime, for the same reasons
>>> that elog.c doesn't use it.
>>>
>>> I'm inclined to think that an appropriate fix is the same as we use in
>>> elog.c, ie, don't use %Z at all under Windows.
>>>
>> Eh? Do you mean this change?
>> "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z" to "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"
>> That tzname is expressed here does not regard me as a problem.
>> Probably, elog.c has still more nearly another problem.
>>

> Having talked a bit off-list with Hiroshi-san, he came up with the
> suggestion taht we should be logging this information in UTC/GMT instead of
> the servers timezone (for all cases, not just win32). That would make
> things equally "safe" wrt changes in the pg timezone, and always
> predictable.
>
> Thoughts on this?

Are you just talking about xlog.c? That wouldn't be an acceptable change
in elog.c, although we could provide additional escapes to output UTC if
needed.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)
Сообщение: Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)