Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Correction of how to use TimeZone by ControlFile(xlog.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:17:21AM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> >"Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
> >>[ patch to use pg_strftime in xlog.c ]
> >
> >This code deliberately does not use pg_strftime, for the same reasons
> >that elog.c doesn't use it.
> >
> >I'm inclined to think that an appropriate fix is the same as we use in
> >elog.c, ie, don't use %Z at all under Windows.
>
> Eh? Do you mean this change?
> "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z" to "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"
> That tzname is expressed here does not regard me as a problem.
> Probably, elog.c has still more nearly another problem.

Having talked a bit off-list with Hiroshi-san, he came up with the
suggestion taht we should be logging this information in UTC/GMT instead of
the servers timezone (for all cases, not just win32). That would make
things equally "safe" wrt changes in the pg timezone, and always
predictable.

Thoughts on this?

//Magnus