Re: Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab
Дата
Re: Location of PostgreSQL Performance Test Lab  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Good - that makes it a much nicer option ;)
>
> But to bug you a bit further - how many other people ware we talking about,
> within reasonable distance? Or does the datacenter have on-call people
> locally?

We have two people that are CMD people that are local to the machines.
However the data center has people in house (not just on call but 20
feet away) and any thing that needs to be done 8-6PST could be done via
phone.

It is actually how CMD does *everything* now with the exception of
provisioning which I reserve for myself to make sure everything stays sane.

> (I mean, it's not like we can call on Devrim to go there and plug something
> in :-P)

Nope ;) but we can request a plug in or swap or whatever. When the
machines show up we will label and document everything so it will be
basically legos for the data center folks.

Oh and just so everyone understands the relationship with the data
center, I started it... years before CMD existed. I drink beer and golf
with the owners, I am invited to the weddings etc...

In other words, I trust them, they are good folks.

Regardless, we would also want to get a kvm for the machines.

Joshua D. Drake

> //Magnus

>        match

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: