upgrade to 8.2.? or implement Slony, which first?

От Geoffrey
Тема upgrade to 8.2.? or implement Slony, which first?
Дата
Re: upgrade to 8.2.? or implement Slony, which first?  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Re: upgrade to 8.2.? or implement Slony, which first?  (Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net>)
Список pgsql-general
We plan to upgrade from our current 7.4.17 Postgresql to 8.2.? in the
near future.  We also plan to implement a replication solution, most
likely Slony.

We know that the upgrade to 8.2.? will require some code changes.

Question is, is there a particular order in which we should perform
these changes that would require the least amount of additional work?

That is, would it be more efficient to move to 8.2.? and then implement
our Slony replication, or would there be less effort in implementing the
Slony solution and then upgrading to 8.2.? ?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin