Connection error

От Fst Procurement
Тема Connection error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi ,

I am trying to connect to postgres on Win 2003 server std version but I
keep on getting an error . "Are you sure the server is running and that
connections for the client's IP address have been enabled" . The Win
2003 is a 64 bit edition.

I am sure of my settings. I have installed on a Win 2000 server with no
problems.

The only difference between this installation and the Win 2000
installation is that I installed the database on logical drive D and the
program was installed on drive C.

I have checked all settings that I can think of. Do you have any other
ideas for me?

I have used EMS SqlManager to transfer data and that worked Ok. However
when trying to make a backup with PgAdmin 1.7 I get the same connection
error. I tried installing PgAdmin 1.8 but this will not connect at all -
not even to the Win 2000 server.

I have tried changing some parameters in the conf file. I first stop the
service, change the settings and re-start the service. On some changes
the service will not re-start. I have to undo these changes to get the
service to start again. Are there some settings which cannot be changed?

regards,

Jimmy.