Re: Is pgadmin backward/forward compatible with postgres?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Is pgadmin backward/forward compatible with postgres?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dhanaraj M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question.
>
> I know that I can connect to postgres 7.x/8.x from pgadmin 1.6.
> Is it both forward and backward compatible?
> (It means that I can connect to new version of postgres 9.x as well as
> older postgres 7.x.
> If not, then it is compatible ONLY across major/minor releases of postgres)
>
> Can anyone explain the limitations of using pgAdmin-Postgres versions?

Unless Sun have some time travel technology that you can share with us,
unfortunately there's no way to know whether pgAdmin 1.6 will even work
with PostgreSQL 8.2.5 :-)

We will of course, update it as appropriate when changes are made in the
server (it's pretty much a certainty that there will be no changes
required for 8.2.anything btw).

Regards, Dave.