Re: Windows Vista not working

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Windows Vista not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Eng wrote:
>   I’m new to postgreSQL. I’m running Windows Vista Home Premium. I tried
> installing it (I had to turn off UAC), enabling user ‘postgres’ for
> running it as a Service. But I’m encountering some really bizarre
> problems...
>
> First, every time I try ‘psql’ or ‘createdb’ in the command line, it
> says the password does not match user ‘richard’. I suppose this is
> because I’m logged in to Windows as ‘richard’. ‘richard’ is my Windows
> account (administrator) under which I installed postgreSQL.

createdb or psql --help is your friend. It might be -h on windows. You
can pass the postgres user like this:

psql -U postgres
or
createdb -U postgres

The fine manual explains all of this.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/index.html

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Richard Eng
Сообщение: Windows Vista not working
От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Windows Vista not working