Re: Windows Vista not working

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Windows Vista not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/07/2007 16:49, Richard Eng wrote:

> First, every time I try ‘psql’ or ‘createdb’ in the command line, it
> says the password does not match user ‘richard’. I suppose this is
> because I’m logged in to Windows as ‘richard’. ‘richard’ is my Windows
> account (administrator) under which I installed postgreSQL.

Yes, that's exactly right. You have to specify the PostgreSQL user, NOT
the Windows user, as which to execute the command, since it involves a
connection to the database. You do this with the -U switch to psql or
createdb. - Read the documentation for full details.

> Does anyone know what the hell is going on??? Hasn’t anyone used
> postgreSQL under Vista?

I you have a look through the (reasonably recent) archives of this list,
you'll see that others have and do.... you might find something of help.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie