Re: Performance benchmarking

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Performance benchmarking
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
lai yoke hman wrote:

> Hello,
> I am an undergraduate of a university in Malaysia, if I want to do performance benchmark on PostgreSQL 8, do I need
toget a license agreement or some sort of thing?
> Thanks.

Your license, provided without charge, is here:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence

As to benchmarking...

Please be sure to read up on the postgresql.conf settings - the default
settings are designed to get the server to start on a reasonably wide
range of platforms. It is assumed that the DBA will update these
settings as appropriate for the platform and workload in use. Failure to
do so will have serious performance implications.

Also be sure you are familiar with VACUUM and ANALYZE and the effect
they have on performance.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Mary Anderson
Сообщение: replicating postgresql database to ms-sql database
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: replicating postgresql database to ms-sql database