Re: [pgsql-general] In memory tables/databases

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-general] In memory tables/databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A.M. wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2007, at 13:20 , Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 11:11:30PM +0200, Alexander Todorov wrote:
>>> The question was is there something else that exists in PostgreSQL and
>>> will do the same job.

> Why not have a table type that writes no WAL and is truncated whenever
> postgres starts? Such a table could then be put in a ramdisk tablespace
> and there would be no transaction atomicity repercussions. Is there
> something I'm missing?
>
> Claiming that postgresql is simply the wrong tool is silly, especially
> since it is so close to having the desired behavior.

Use pg_memcache.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. I agree with you, but you are barking up a very tall tree and you
don't have a chainsaw. The fact is, global temp tables that could be
assigned a static amount of memory to use that would recycle based on
some parameter would be infinitely useful, but likely won't get anywhere.

              http://www.commandprompt.com/