Re: to recompile or not recompile postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: to recompile or not recompile postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mark Tessier <mt@open2web.com> writes:
> I just realized, after trying to compile a C++ script, that I forgot
> to compile the C++ interface library during the installation of
> postgres. At least I'm assuming this to be the case as
> /usr/include/pgsql -lpq++ doesn't exist.

The library file wouldn't be in /usr/include in any case; more likely
under /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.

But in any case, you should be able to reconfigure with --with-CXX added
to whatever configure options you used before, rebuild, and then do
"make install" in just src/interfaces/libpq++ not the whole tree.