Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

>>> Really ?
>>> I can hardly imagine the applications which would update/delete
>>> the rows whose contents couldn't be seen.
>> insert-only audit tables?
>>
>> Yes, they should really be handled by server-side triggers, but I know
>> of at least a couple of apps running on PostgreSQL with psqlODBC that do
>> it client side.
>
> Hmm the apps list the tables using SQLTables() ?

I don't recall (and I don't have access to them any more to check), but
as we've had the current behaviour for the last 10 years or so, and
no-one has really complained until now, I don't think we should risk
changing the default - at least without checking for SELECT, UPDATE,
INSERT or DELETE rather than just SELECT.

Regards, Dave

Сообщение: Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user