Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:
> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>> Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

>>> I think this would risk breaking a lot of existing applications.
>> Really ?
>> I can hardly imagine the applications which would update/delete
>> the rows whose contents couldn't be seen.
>
> insert-only audit tables?
>
> Yes, they should really be handled by server-side triggers, but I know
> of at least a couple of apps running on PostgreSQL with psqlODBC that do
> it client side.

Hmm the apps list the tables using SQLTables() ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Andreas
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user