Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent

От Michael Paesold
Тема Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent
Дата
Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marko Kreen wrote:
> Considering Postgres will never user either "meter" or "mile"
> in settings, I don't consider your argument valid.
>
> I don't see the value of having units globally unique (literally).
> It's enough if they unique in the context of postgresql.conf.
>
> Thus +1 of having additional shortcuts Tom suggested.
> Also +1 for having them case-insensitive.

Agreed. Although I suggest perhaps to not press for "m" as minutes,
because it really is ambiguous for "months" or "minutes", esp. in a
context like "log_rotation_age".

Please lets have the unambiguous abbreviations. Please lets make it all
case-insensitive. After all this discussion, what about a straight
forward vote? Bruce, we had those before, no?

Best Regards
Michael Paesold

Сообщение: Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent
Сообщение: Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent