Re: RESOLVED: Explained by known hardware failures, or keep looking?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: RESOLVED: Explained by known hardware failures, or keep looking?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, all.  Just an FYI to wrap up the thread.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:
>> I'm suspicious that either the controller
>> didn't persist dirty pages in the June 14th failure
>
> That's what it looks like to me --- it's hard to tell if the hardware or
> the filesystem is at fault, but one way or another some pages that were
> supposedly securely down on disk were wiped to zeroes.  You should
> probably review whether the hardware is correctly reporting write-complete.

The hardware tech found many problems with this box.  I may just give it
a heavy update load and pull both plugs to see if it comes up clean now.

The following was done:

Replaced 2 failed drives
Controller firmware updated
SCSI micro code updated
Performed Yast Online updates
Connected second power supply

Our newer boxes have monitoring software which alerts us before a box
gets into this bad a state.

-Kevin