Re: Re : pg_dump: ALTER SEQUENCE ... OWNED in 8.1

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Re : pg_dump: ALTER SEQUENCE ... OWNED in 8.1
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 19/06/2007 13:54, Laurent ROCHE wrote:

> May be that's a pg_dump issue: it should be compatible with the
> server it connects to, and not to its own version ?

What do you mean?

> Still meanwhile I would think pgAdmin should allow installing other
> pg_dump executable.

I'm fairly sure that pgAdmin will work with whatever pg_dump you have handy.

> And it should switch from one to another to be able to generate
> a correct code, according to the server used.

Agreed - an option in the preferences to specify the path to the desired
pg_dump would certainly be useful.

> There could be different installer: one with only the latest tools and
> another one with all compatible tools versions to be able to work
> correctly on different servers !

The installer guys are going to *love* that suggestion! :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie