Re: How to restore updated records

От Aleksander Kmetec - INTERA
Тема Re: How to restore updated records
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
About 2 years ago a new guy at our company deleted all contents of a table on a development server and I managed to
restore them by changing the XID value with pg_resetxlog.

You can get last chackpoint's XID by running pg_controldata; then use pg_resetxlog -x and try different values. You'll
need to repeat the "copy from backup - change XID - start postmaster" cycle a few times; but it should be doable in
less
than an hour.

Regards,
Aleksander