Re: Testing 1.7: issues in edit grid & query window

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Testing 1.7: issues in edit grid & query window
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:

Hi Erwin,

> Query Window
> ============
>
> If I have a couple of windows open and get an error message in one of
> them and do not click it away (because I want to keep the text while
> checking on the issue), then the following weirdness occurs:
> Pressing <Ctrl><c> does not copy selected text in the query window any
> more, but copies the text of the open error message of the other window
> (somewhere in the background).
> Copying via selecting "Copy" from the context menu will copy the
> selected text as expected.
> This is also present in 1.6.3.

Not much I can do about that - the message box catches the ctrl+c.

> -----
>
> If I select text and type something else the selected text will be
> replaced. This works as it should.
> When I press <Enter>, however, the select text is NOT replaced. Instead
> the line-break is inserted at the end of the selected text. Might share
> roots with the issue below.
> This is NOT present in 1.6.3, where it works as expected.

Fixed, and yes, it was because of the auto indent.

> You have a new auto-indentation in 1.7, which works fine most of the
> time. However, sometimes it fails with existing lines of text. Try the
> following test case:
> Both lines are indented the same (three spaces in my example):
> ---
>   text1
>   text2
> ---
>
> Now, place the cursor right before the first printable character and
> press <Enter>. It works as expected, mostly:
> ---
>   text1
>
>   text2
> ---
> Note, however, that useless whitespace remains on the empty line in
> between.

We now clear the whitespace on the previous line.

> If you place the cursor at the beginning of the line and press <Enter>,
> the leading whitespace is doubled (which is not as expected)
> ---
>   text1
>
>      text2
> ---
> At least, the whitespace in between is gone.
> Obviously, this is not present in 1.6.3.

We no longer duplicate the indent.

Thanks for the report - I'll produce a new build to test sometime soon.

Regards, Dave