Re: libpq compatibility policy across versions

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: libpq compatibility policy across versions
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
    Sebastien FLAESCH wrote:

> I am asking how I must compile my source code and how to link, to build
> my binary, to be sure that it's compatible with PostgreSQL 8.3, and
> any in fact any existing PostgreSQL versions.

As an example, if your binary calls PQescapeLiteral() and your end user
has libpq.so.5.1 which ships with PostgreSQL 8.3, then the dynamic link
will fail because this version of libpq lacks this function.

Not sure if that disqualifies it as backward compatible. It depends
on your interpretation.

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org

Сообщение: Re: libpq compatibility policy across versions
Сообщение: Re: libpq compatibility policy across versions