Re: pg_get_tabledef

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_get_tabledef
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I mean as a shared library - a .so for Unix (or whatever the flavor of
unix uses instead) or a DLL on WIndows. And no, it would not be in
contrib - as I mentioned in another thread yesterday I want to propose
that contrib disappear.

Certainly pg_dump would use the library, and retain all the file
handling processing it does now. But we could also link it into psql,
for example, and expose the results via \ commands.

If you want to have a go at that you'll probably make lots of people
very happy.

cheers

andrew